PDA

View Full Version : Incredimail

19-05-2002, 04:29 PM
Hi All
Has anyone tried Incredimail an E-Mail program similair to Outlook express & outlook found it on the net the other day it looks ok but!
Regards Trev

19-05-2002, 06:19 PM
Hi, I thought Incredimail was great when I discovered it a few months ago. It certainly works very well, easy to use etc. but you are a bit limited using mostly their animations, sounds etc.
I found there is such a huge variety of animations, stationery, sounds, bars & buttons you can use with OE, I never use Incredimail now, must get round to uninstalling it! Plus, it's always wanting access to update, which I find annoying. No harm in trying it and see what you think. JC

19-05-2002, 06:47 PM
Incredimail easy to use & much better GUI than OE - still some bugs I think causing freezes which go away on reboot !! (Op sys win98)

19-05-2002, 09:59 PM
Trev...Incredimail is a good email programme but has some disticnt limitations which include frequent lock ups as indicated by a previous respondent. One drawback I have found is that it is not liked by organisations that screen their email via firewalls. Often the email is refused entry. I believe this to be the case because of some
graphics used by the programme. I tried using it extensively but in the end deleted it and reverted to Eudora for the reasons described above.

20-05-2002, 07:12 AM
Thanks to those who responded
might just give it a miss dosen't sound to stable to me once again THANKYOU.
Regards Trev

20-05-2002, 09:33 AM
Hello Trev,

I've been using incredimail mail for a while now and its just great. there is a huge amount of animations, graphics, pictures etc that can be added from various web sites.

One drawback is it needs a fair amount of recources, and the 5mb download, squeezes out to 15mb installed. If you have a computer with a fair amount of grunt, its well worth a try.

cheers,
Bob

20-05-2002, 04:54 PM
Another negative view for you: my father-in-law tried using it last year and found that some of his programs no longer worked properly. They came right after uninstalling it.

If you want 'pretty emails' you can make your own stationery in Outlook Express using your own graphics. There are heaps available on the web to use as backgrounds. They are the same pix as used by webpages so the only problem is choosing which ones to use!

To make your own stationery, in Outlook Express go to Message|New message using|Select stationery|Create new then follow the wizard's guides. Be sure to put your graphics in the Stationery folder first (do a 'find' for it).