PDA

View Full Version : Password in Win XP

18-05-2002, 11:00 PM
Anyone knows why winXP keeps forgetting my internet password no matter how many times I put it and saved?
(May be a problem of the logon user-however, there is only one user so far)

19-05-2002, 01:12 AM
If you have save password ticked then you could try deleting the connection and creating a new connection but there is a problem with XP saving passwords, it is not uncommon to have to retype the password even though it is saved.
Every Windows version has had a problem with password saving and this one is no different which is no surprise.

19-05-2002, 01:40 AM
PS.

Dont forget that XP will show more characters in your password box than what you originally typed in. Thats part of XPs security and is supposed to be like that.

Cheers.

19-05-2002, 04:48 PM
This can be fixed-I just did it...
Start | Log off | log in as a different user. My XP offered 'Owner'. Windows asked me for a password - don't enter one, just press Enter or OK. Win XP then sets up your .pwl file, and next time you log on to the 'net it saves your password. After that, you don't need the password for the net OR for Windows.

SH

19-05-2002, 04:49 PM
This can be fixed-I just did it...
Start | Log off | log in as a different user. My XP offered 'Owner'. Windows asked me for a password - don't enter one, just press Enter or OK. Win XP then sets up your .pwl file, and next time you log on to the 'net it saves your password. After that, you don't need the password for the net OR for Windows.

SH

19-05-2002, 06:03 PM
Kevin, don't rush out with my fix - I just rebooted, and I'm back to entering passwords. Sorry to get your hopes up.

sh