PDA

View Full Version : print envelopes ms word 2000

18-05-2002, 11:48 PM
I have an epson 670 deskjet. Works ok except when I try envelope printing with word. Can't find driver, style, or setting of any kind to make it print the envelope in the right place. I used to be able to do this OK with word but I think that was with a 10-year old HP printer.
Any thoughts, ideas suggestions, experiences?? short of continuing to fill my wastebasket with wongly printed envelopes?

19-05-2002, 12:36 AM
Happy to see I am not the only one.....

Word does have a envelope printing option but I never had a great deal of luck with it so I looked at a suitable work around.

What I did was using scrap paper or old envelopes created a document with just one address on it, then saved it, the margins etc being just right to match that of a envelope and saved. Once you have created one address document, the rest just follow suit using the same margins, just give each one a file name to suit and save.

This also gives you the options of using borders, different fonts etc for the name, underlining etc.

Did the same for the senders address. I always have it on the rear and using the above method, created a doc and saved it with the senders details, I tend to print a whole stack at once so just a case of opening the doc and feeding through the envelopes.

While not solving the problem as first presented, hopefully it will give you a good work around and save a few tree's from being cut down.

19-05-2002, 01:56 AM
Maybe you have already tried this. If not Word 2000 - Tools- envelopes and labels -click on 'feed' - Lots of different choices and also a preview pane. Choose which choice suits you best. EC

19-05-2002, 11:54 AM
Have you tried Tools - Envelopes and Lables - Envelopes - Options.

Set the envelope size to the one you use (commonly DL.) Then click on Print options and choose the feed method for your printer.

I use an old HP printer and an Epson 400 (with a switch box)and have to switch betweeen these settings. I select Face Down although the envelopes feed face up, but this works.

On the screen where you select the envelope size there are also options for changing the auto settings to move the address and the return address, but if you select the correct settings in Printing Options Auto should work.

Good luck

19-05-2002, 05:32 PM
I had a similiar problem. Got around it by creating a page the same size as the DL envelope. Then used Mail merge. 1st page I cteated my return address on the top left, then entered a few rows, added a few tabs to align where the names & address were to be added. I mail merged from another document. It worked a treat.
With this option I could create a single envelope or any number I needed.

20-05-2002, 10:08 AM
I like Johns idea of using mail merge, but if yu haven't resolved this problem yet you might be pulling your hair out!

You don't say what the problem with the envelopes actualy is:
is garbage being printed?
Is the print to close to one of the edges or off the envelope?
does it print on the wrong side?
or what!
Cheers
BJ