PDA

View Full Version : Office 2000 will not detect and repair, or uninstall

18-05-2002, 08:55 PM
Can anyone help, I went to update my office 2000 after a full computer reformat, and now it will not run the office update on the microsoft site, and I cannot run the detect and repair. I have even tried to uninstall the office programs so I could reinstall them again without any success. All I get is a popup window that says' This Patch Package could not be opened. Verify that the patch Package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer Patch Package'.
I have tried all that I can, including downloading the latest windows installer but it makes no difference.
Any help would be appreciated.

18-05-2002, 09:25 PM
Does this help?
(obtained by a simple Google search of your error message, which points to a microsoft solution)

SYMPTOMS
When you try to run Office Setup, one of the following error messages may appear:

This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.
-or-
This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

CAUSE
One of the above error messages may appear if the locally cached Windows Installer package (*.msi) file is damaged or corrupted.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, do the following.

If You Already Installed Office 2000
On the Start menu, click Run .

In the Open box, type the following command line and click OK :
<path>\Setup.exe /fv Data1.msi
NOTE : <path> in the above command line is the path to your Office Setup files.