PDA

View Full Version : Tweak UI

18-05-2002, 05:00 PM
Is there anywhere I can pick up a comprehensive explanation of what is available in the Tweak UI utilities and how to access them?
I once had the ability to read the attributes of files in the Explorer window and block change attributes of multiple files but I can't remember how. Is there any way of doing this now. I am using Win 98SE. When I copy files from another computer off a CD-R they come across as Read only. I want to be able to select a number and block change the attribute without having to do it file by file.

18-05-2002, 05:52 PM
Just go to Windows Explorer, select all the files (not folders) you want changed, right click, choose Properties and uncheck the read-only attribute.

If that doesn't work you can also do it in DOS. I can give you the commands if you wish.

19-05-2002, 11:28 PM
Thanks Susan,
I already have that knowledge and ability even in DOS as I first started there. The point is, I wish to be able to include the column showing the attribute in Windows Explorer so I know what files to change. You used to be able to do it in FileManager under 3.11 and in Win 95 but '98 has opted the present way.
I thought Tweak UI had a utility that enhanced Windows Explorer a little.
Cheers,
Ken