PDA

View Full Version : Help with 'Flash'

18-05-2002, 04:09 PM
CD Feb 2002. NZ PC World CD.
Running Windows 95, 64 Mem RAM. I have downloaded Flash from this CD. Problem is it won't work. It has gone into Windows, then into the System folder, under 'Macromed' There are the following files: Common, Director, Flash, Shockwave 8 and Update.There is nothing in the size item and only has File folder.Under each folder when opened is the following: Read me, Hidden and Archive but do not have a tick in any of them. I thought that I had sent it to the Program Files.
So what do I do now to get 'Flash' to work in my computer. Please help me. I realise it may be something so simple but can't figure it out.

20-05-2002, 08:16 AM
Andrea,

It sounds as if Flash hasn't installed properly. I'd try uninstalling (if it's possible) using start > settings > control panel > add/remove programs, then re-installing.

You may also want to save the Flash installation file off the PCW free CD onto your hard drive.

Also be aware that Flash will probably run quite slow with only 64MB of RAM.

Hope this helps

20-05-2002, 08:54 AM
Thank you for you responding back to me so quickly.
I will try uninstalling and then reinstall.

You say put it in the hard drive? surely when it goes into the Windows system then it it is in there .As I say I did try to put it in Program Files but it went to windows system instead.
Thanks
Andrea