PDA

View Full Version : WinFix

17-05-2002, 07:04 PM
Boost Windows Reliability

WinFix makes Windows more reliable, to keep you working non-stop. By making Windows fault-tolerant and self-repairing, WinFix improves the reliability of Windows 95, 98, 98SE and ME to nearly the level of Windows XP Professional and Windows 2000. This eliminates hassles, increases productivity, and cuts your total cost of PC ownership. WinFix is compatible with Windows 95, 98, 98SE and ME (English versions of Windows only).

Pinewood Software Marketing

uhhh hum.....

I kinda smell something here,
does anyone else smell the same thing????

20-05-2002, 07:54 AM
go to epinions etc cant comment as i havent tried iyt I use goback myself which has saved my system about 5x in the last 3 months

20-05-2002, 07:55 AM
ZDNet Review of WinFix - Rated 4 Stars
WinFix acts as a safety net to protect your computer and restore it to a working state. After enduring a lengthy install process, you can use WinFix to put the pieces of your shattered PC together to get you up and running after a crisis. It drops down to a DOS screen (to eliminate unnecessary overhead) and holds your hand through the diagnosis and repair process. It shells to Scandisk and then to RegClean (a free Microsoft maintenance offering) as first steps toward fixing your ailing PC. You're then given the opportunity to restore your computer to the working setup that was saved during the install (you can save up to three different setups once you're up and running). If things are really bad, you can run the program and get up to speed from a bootable floppy created during the install. Although it's a bit tedious to run, WinFix is a Godsend for computer newbies who would otherwise be lost in determining the cause of their computer woes. It's easy to use and well documented.
Reviewed on Mar 16 1999 by Gene Orlando.

20-05-2002, 07:58 AM
But then again adverse comments from
http://www.regvac.com/winfix.htm