PDA

View Full Version : Hanging on IE6/Closing down

16-05-2002, 09:23 PM
Am getting hanging when trying to change sites, this often precedes a further hanging when trying to close/restart PC. I have to reset. I have had this problem more in the last week. I don't know whether it's the modem, IE6 or server? I never had this with other servers or had trouble with same modem/IE6 before. Having to reset every 4th time I go on line is frustrating!

16-05-2002, 09:34 PM
Have you installed any other Microsoft products recently?
Found that I had the same problem when I recently installed Works 2002 on a system which had IE6. Had to re-install IE.

16-05-2002, 11:44 PM
No microsoft programs, just odd freeware. I guess I could try uninstalling them one by one, then see if it makes a difference. I thought of doing that if I could not find a more obvious solution. Thanks for reply. Pete

17-05-2002, 09:14 AM
Have the same problem with ie6 but have noticed an improvement since installing zonealarm and not allowing certain things to connect to the net.

The main culprit was distributed com services which after doing some searching thru the net seemed to be an nt type program that was no use to me. I disallowed it access and now seems to be running a bit better.

also try the latest critical updates from ms.

17-05-2002, 09:26 AM
Thanks Mark. Will keep it in mind