PDA

View Full Version : Invisable Viruses

14-05-2002, 06:15 PM
Are there such things as invisable viruses that can't be detected that send the virus when you send an email, and then can be detected at the other end. If so how do you get rid of them. I am using Nortons, with the latest virus pattern files. I have done a scan of our computer every day for the last 5 days and have found a total of 50+ Viruses. Now I can't find any but our friends said that they received one with the email that we sent them today.

Any thoughts??

14-05-2002, 07:09 PM
Klez attaches a random name from an address book and attaches it as the supposed 'sender' to an email.

Adds confusion and points to the wrong person as the sender.

Find out what virus it was and check out if it has this 'special feature'.

14-05-2002, 10:22 PM
Sounds like the Klez virus; I removed 315 different files that were infected with different strains of the klez virus from a client?s computer last weekend. And had to format the machine to make it work properly again.

The klez virus also disables some antivirus programs and in some cases it infects windows installer, preventing you from re-installing you antivirus software.

Different strains of the klez virus damage your system beyond repair (In my experience anyway) so your best bet would be to save all your files documents to some form of removable media and then format you HDD.

Cheers

Liam

P.S. five minutes hen after I removed all copies of the klez from one system I was working on it regenerated itself and produced another few infected files.

14-05-2002, 10:23 PM
Sounds like the Klez virus; I removed 315 different files that were infected with different strains of the klez virus from a client?s computer last weekend. And had to format the machine to make it work properly again.

The klez virus also disables some antivirus programs and in some cases it infects windows installer, preventing you from re-installing you antivirus software.

Different strains of the klez virus damage your system beyond repair (In my experience anyway) so your best bet would be to save all your files documents to some form of removable media and then format you HDD.

Cheers

Liam

P.S. five minutes hen after I removed all copies of the klez from one system I was working on it regenerated itself and produced another few infected files.

14-05-2002, 10:24 PM

Cheers

Liam

14-05-2002, 10:28 PM

Cheers

Liam