PDA

View Full Version : Corel Print & Photo House

13-05-2002, 05:16 PM
Have been given a previously unopened copy of this program - written mainly for 95 - but works fine on 98se.
My problem is that like some other programs - it takes control of all the graphics on your computer - by file association.
I have tried to find where in the program there might be a way of changing the default and association function? - but no luck to date?
Have tried to reinstall recommended and customised formats - but neither give you that option.
Any ideas would be appreciated - maybe I have to get into the .ini file - or registery?
Simon

13-05-2002, 05:40 PM
If you need to change the file association back to your preferred graphic display try the following two tips.

The way I do it is, right click the file and click the Open With, wait for the menu of available programs, scroll thgrough the list till you find the program that you want to open the program with, place a tick in the box and then go to the bottom and place a tick in the box Always Open With and click OK.

Another tip I have is that if a file is already associated with another program then the open with option will not appear. To display the open with option hold down shift and then right click.

13-05-2002, 05:44 PM
If you need to change the file association back to your preferred graphic display try the following two tips.

The way I do it is, right click the file and click the Open With, wait for the menu of available programs, scroll thgrough the list till you find the program that you want to open the program with, place a tick in the box and then go to the bottom and place a tick in the box Always Open With and click OK.

Another tip I have is that if a file is already associated with another program then the open with option will not appear. To display the open with option hold down shift and then right click.