PDA

View Full Version : ACROBAT READER 5.0

13-05-2002, 11:47 AM
How do I convert a pdf. into an xls.?
I have the ninternet downloaded version. Perhaps I have to purchase a full version??
Regards

13-05-2002, 02:09 PM
Yes, you need the full version of Acrobat - about $200 for the academic version at Disk Smiths. Even then you can only do the conversion if the original author didn't protect the file. If you want to, you can sentd me the file and I can attempt it for you. Post back and let me know.
Regards,
Ray.A.

13-05-2002, 02:10 PM
Dont believe you can...Acrobat is designed to avoid having to pass source documents (word/excel etc) to others, and provides a multi-platform 'read only' solution. Avoids macro viruses etc.
You can usually cut and paste text however, but you wont get any formatting (or formulae in the case of excel.
Full version will allow you to create .pdf files, but not to reverse engineer copies to the original. All the detail is lost at conversion time so its probably impossible to get anything but a plain text version out.

13-05-2002, 02:21 PM
ok thanks but I have several large files so I will pass up your kind offer.

13-05-2002, 02:27 PM
Thanks your response.
I have tried to cut and paste but have been unsuccesful. I have highlighted the document under the edit command but then there is no copy command and no right click function. I can save a copy but that I think will come out as the same pdf.