PDA

View Full Version : Campaign for the month of May

09-05-2002, 07:42 PM
When you call your ISP, and they answer the phone, say 'thank you for answering the phone at INSERT ISP NAME', and then say the same thing at the end of the call.

Better still, during your conversation with a real person (if you ever get one)ask if you can just take another call, then come back to them and say 'thank you for waiting for INSERT USERID'.

See if it drives them nuts.

robo.

09-05-2002, 07:47 PM
lol.....and why not try and get hold of an automated phone system so we can give them a few different options and buttons to push which will all take them back to the same person anyway.

09-05-2002, 07:56 PM
Robo,

IF my ISP would actually answer their phones I'd do it. But I can't get them to answer. I have to change some essential account details that I can't do online (one of the few things you can't do online) and I've tried ringing at all different times of the day, and I after pressing different option buttons about 5 or 6 times I get the funky (not) music and sit on hold for ages... I give up before anyone ever comes on.

I remember when Clear used to advertise on TV about how good their service is... I notice they don't advertise like that anymore... GOOD ON YA TELSTRACLEAR!

Mike.

09-05-2002, 08:19 PM
I tell you, they all have it (ISPs). It's like we need a name for the condition.

One friend has been driven to distraction with poor ping times for gaming on IHUG.
Wuppo (who came to see me today at the Expo) said he's been having problems with connecting to Paradise (I think, might have been Clear Net).
Another person was about to dropkick Xtra and a client was about ready to toss someone else, can't remember who.

I have been on call to Xtra since about 6:30, have a real person but he keeps disappearing and coming back. Meanwhile, the hold music was some song about 'hold onto me' (nearly wet myself, easy as I need to go and can't because I can't bear to start again).

They all seem to have the same malady at the moment. Wish I knew what was going on, sounds like some capacity issues locally in last week or so.

So on names. ISP - does it stand for Intermittent Service Provider?
Talk about Mission Ispossible. It's bizarre, the hold music should be the Looney Tunes theme.

robo.