PDA

View Full Version : Bits & Bytes Computer show

06-05-2002, 08:55 PM
Does anybody remember the old Bits & Bytes magazine, and the computer show they used to put on every year? What happened to them? I used to go to that at the Auckland expo centre, and the Computerworld show I think used to be at Ellerslie racecourse. I think I'm showing my age a bit now :)

I just have fond memories of the Bits and Bytes show (sorry Robo if they were the competition) because I won some software way back, which I sold and bought my first computer! Now THAT was a long time ago.

Mike.

06-05-2002, 09:29 PM
Want a Bits & Bytes CD holder, Mike? Or was that revenge for my last reply?

Yes, they were the competition, quite some time ago now. Although they were nice to me once, long before I came to PCW, so I kind of had a soft spot for them.

Remember Interface magazine?

robo.

06-05-2002, 11:37 PM
I don't believe in revenge Robo :) Actually I was thinking about it cause I keep seeing ads for the Computerworld Expo, and I was just remembering the first big computer show I went to (which was a Bits & Bytes one) and I won a whole heap of Borland software (C++, Turbo Pascal, lots of others... box weighed a ton, just cause of manuals and 5 1/2 floppies)... traded them in for some more saleable software (Quattro Pro, Paradox and the like) which I then sold and bought my first computer :)

The following year I went to the same show, entered the same competition, and won again... this time the prize was worth a LOT less, and I've still got it... it came on 5 1/2 AND 3 1/2 disks and I actually got it running about 2 years ago, but its in storage now.

Mike.

PS I wouldn't mind a Bits & Bytes CD holder, but I don't think they had CDs back then :)