PDA

View Full Version : 'Evidence eliminator' Is it good or is it a piece of crap?

04-05-2002, 06:38 PM
Hey

Just wanna ask this Evidence eliminator thing, is it worth the download. Does any one actually have this program and used it.

Just wanna know if this program does what is actually said to do.

Thanks

Kent Rought

04-05-2002, 07:04 PM
Apparently it does work.

But do you have $US150 for it?

04-05-2002, 07:23 PM
Sorry, my previous post might have sounded a bit smart but I didn't intend it to.

I've just seen that download.com mentions a 30-day trial of EE so you can try it out. But if you've read the reviews there I can understand why you are trying to find out other people's opinions of it.

Have seen a reference to a freeware prog called Eraser www.tolvanen.com/eraser/ which might do a good job.

04-05-2002, 08:43 PM
I think you will find that some of the blurb for EE such as 'Even the FBI cannot recover data' is a little hyped up.

I was privy to information in a police case here recently where information was recovered from a computer in which EE had been used and a case was built largely on that recovered info.

04-05-2002, 09:06 PM
It's alright but thanks any way :-)

06-05-2002, 05:00 PM
I have had EE for several years and it ran OK under Win 95. I can't say how effective it was, but it worked as advertised.

But, when I went to win98SE it became a nightmare and seemed to screw up my system everytime I ran it. I uninstalled it. Seeing your post reminds me to take up the question with EE. But they are a little hard to contact.

Like others I suspect that there is a good deal of hype.
I run Bestcrypt Wipe over my HD and clean all else manually.