PDA

View Full Version : Getting email protection with Norton Internet Security 2002 - urgent please!

04-05-2002, 12:52 PM
I recently purchased and installed Norton Internet Security 2002. On the screen that comes up when you click on it, it has Internet status; personal firewall; privacy control and ad blocking, but in the manual it also shows parental control and Norton anti virus. I ran a security check and it said everything except the anti virus was up to date and protected, so how the hell do I get the anti virus up and running? My current status says I was last attacked at 12.29pm today and I've had 3234 recent intrusion attempts! I have looked in the manual but can't seem to find anything that tells me how to get this protected. HELP! Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get my email protected from now on because it obviously isn't and someone I know has a virus - I've blocked their address but need urgent assistance!

04-05-2002, 02:15 PM
Me again! I tried the 'seems to work but I don't know why' trick of uninstalling Norton Internet Security and reinstalling it - hey presto, after a lot of clicking to get everything updated, I now have Norton Anti Virus up and running. If this is the wrong way to do it, please let me know! Thanks.