PDA

View Full Version : I may have been wrong about paradise net

03-05-2002, 10:15 AM
I headed over to files.paradise.net.nz to download files which I thought was national. I downloaded over 200MB checked my usage and found that over 200MB was on my international and only 4MB was on national.

Is this correct?

Is the files.paradise.net.nz just a mirror for international files?

I know there's a 10gig limit and I'm not likely to reach it but if they are saying that people are downloading huge volumes internationally and that my usage is being reported incorrectly where are they getting the statistics from?

I can't believe how short a time it took me to see this.

They never called me like it says in their letter 'On receipt of your first payment, your account will be enabled and one of our customer service representatives will contact you and assist in setting up your Paradise.Net account.'

I'm not going to change ISPs this early though. They deserve a chance and an explanation of why my national traffic is low when I spent most of it on their servers.

03-05-2002, 10:44 AM
The short answer is that time spent on there servers isn't counted!
I was naughty and went over my 10 gig quota in 2 weeks by using Kazaa to rebuild some of my video collection, got the email saying how i had gone over, and would now be charged by the MB till the 5th, which is keeping me mostly of the net till then. What i have done is downloaded mandrake + Redhat, 5 CD's of linux toys all up, and it hasn't made the slightest dent in my usage stats

03-05-2002, 10:48 AM
I have also been living at newsgroups, once again this is in the free data class....