PDA

View Full Version : Need freeware program to edit photos etc

03-05-2002, 01:32 AM
Used to have a little photo editingprogram on my computer called MGI Photo something or other...that came installed with the computer. Had to redo hard-drive and no longer have it. Can anyone recommend a reliable program for doing things like cropping, tinting, altering pix etc. Thanks, in advance *S*

03-05-2002, 02:16 AM
Hi Carol,

Below is the url for a program I have seen recommended for other people with a similar question. I had a quick look at the homepage and it seems to be able to do what you want.

http://www.irfanview.com/english.htm

Cheers.

03-05-2002, 02:36 AM
www.gimp.org Gimp is a ex linux prog that some clever person rebuilt so it could work on windows too, it is basicly a poormans photoshop atleast the price is right! If you don't like large downloads, it is on the CD that comes with the latest 'internet' magazine

03-05-2002, 10:40 AM
Your program was I think called MGI PhotoStarter SE. I have it installed and find it very useful for the following reason: Although it's very basic on the photoediting side, it can organise pics so you can print them to whatever size in whatever part of the sheet you like. Even Adobe Photoshop (much more expensive) doesn't do this and you need something like QuarkExpress as well. Irfanview doesn't either. MGI Photostarter combines an elementary photoediting facility and a basic page making facility, which make it very useful for much of my own basic work in this area. I use Adobe Photoshop for good photediting, but don't have a good page organiser apart from MGI. Any ideas on this, eg. is there a good freeware alternative to Quark?

03-05-2002, 02:46 PM
I use ACDsee myself not freeware but you can trial it