PDA

View Full Version : is this a virus or a trojan?

02-05-2002, 08:49 AM
My word documents have become slightly srambled, do i have an infection and if so what should i do?
I have norton antivirus and i keep it updated!

02-05-2002, 11:29 AM
It's impossible to answer your question without more information, tho I suspect you are clean from either virus or trojan.

What version of word are u using? which OS? have u recently updated to a newer version of word? are these your own files that open scrambled, or files from somewhere else? are the files kept on your hard drive or on disk? Is it all or just some select files that this is happening to?

Many questions I know, but they will help us to help you.

:o)

02-05-2002, 11:54 AM
my version of word is: office xp 2002.
Files are kept on partition, i haven't updated word and it affects only some files. the tabs are all out of place in the documents.

03-05-2002, 04:24 PM
If tabs being all over the place is the only problem then it sounds like a formatting one. What is the history of the affected docs? Were they created on your current computer and have they been OK previously? Tabbing can go wonky if a doc is created with one printer installed then viewed with a different one installed. Have the affected parts of docs been pasted, with paragraph marks included, from other docs with different format settings? One thing that may be worth a try is to display your paragraph marks (Shift+ Ctrl+*), then select and copy one from an area where the tabbing is correctly formatted
then delete the ones in the affected areas and replace them with pastes of your copied one.