PDA

View Full Version : It goes where I go!!!!????

29-04-2002, 12:14 PM
this morning a wandering pointer turned up on my desk top & when it stays still long enough it say'IPAQ Compac'Then changes to 'It goes where I go 'Can any one tell me what goes on and how can I Get rid of it .This is the only site it seems to appear on.it follows the mouse pointer for a time then stops If you dont move the mouse for sometime it appears again and floats around then disapears

Gateway 13g 98 2nd Ed

29-04-2002, 12:36 PM
It is advertising, nothing wrong with your pc at all, read the post 'aaarrrrgggh kill that ipaq'

29-04-2002, 12:36 PM
Hi Grandad W don`t panic, read posting about three down Headed Aaaaaaagh....... Seems someone is having a bit of fun.

29-04-2002, 12:38 PM
Bloody annoying isn't it. as far as I can tell it is an ad the pcworld staff thought they sould put on there site. They probably have never seen anything like and thoght it was cool.

GET RID OF IT GUYS I HATE IT

:)

29-04-2002, 12:52 PM
Its flippin annoying!

29-04-2002, 01:04 PM
Annoying.....frustrating...idiotic...call it what you will but please PC World....GET RID OF IT..pronto.

It is the sort of stupidity under the guise of advertising that would be enough to drive people away from this site.

29-04-2002, 01:21 PM
T-T-T-T-T-Thanks folks
I'll reduce the intake of my blood pressure/heart pills & go and have my after lunch snooze

29-04-2002, 01:24 PM
This is quickly becoming a petition of sorts......

I am a newbie to this website, but have been visiting it daily for the last week. If PC World don't remove the annoying little Compaq Ad I will not be back....

Don't spoil a good thing.

29-04-2002, 02:04 PM
It seems to unanimous.....kill the damn thing.

29-04-2002, 02:42 PM
Any comment Robo?

29-04-2002, 03:47 PM
The old adage that 'any publicity is good publicity' comes to mind. How many of us would have even thought about Ipaq let alone say the word or write about it. Like it or hate it this Ad works.

However the comment to NOT visit this site is a bit rash. Consider this.....where else can users glean so much knowledge about such a diverse range of topics. This site caters to all level of user from the technically minded to the technically challenged. The postings are replied to often very quickly, and very politely. There is a genuine feeling that people want to help each other without disdain or judgement and best of all it's Kiwi made. Postings can be made with that Kiwi flavour that we all can enjoy.
In this user pays society if the price to pay for all this is to tolerate an *annoying* Ad. I for one still think I am getting a good deal. Yes, make comment but also take a moment to consider why they may have taken these steps. Consider other alternative forums if you must but I have been to other forums and this by far is the best.

I use Opera 6, and have found a simple way to disable 'Ipaq' but then this again comes at a cost as this prevents other pages from loading correctly. Let's not throw too many stones at such a valuable resource such as F1. If the 'Ipaq' means this site remains, then I don't mind.

sam m