PDA

View Full Version : win2k installer prob

28-04-2002, 07:43 PM
hey iam having some windows installer problem that is when i try to install the files which are windows installer package and which use windows installer to install they give me a error message' this installation package colud not be opened. contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid installer package '
i tryed re-installing windows 2000 pro . same thing happens with application types of files i cant install them it. when i click on them it gives a error' d:/windows 2000 service pack 2/w2ksp2.exe is not a valid win 32 application ' plze help me

this cd works in other operationg system it also use to work in windows 2000 pro before

28-04-2002, 08:02 PM
Really not sure if it will help but MS have released a 'Windows Installer Cleanup Utility'. Look for the file 'msicu.exe' : I can't remember exactly where I downloaded it. It is only about 250kb or so. It may help. Otherwise, why not try to extract the files first and then find and run 'update.exe'. This will at least tell you whether the big '.exe' file is corrupt (ie if you can't do a manual extraction). Or, the biggie, re-download the service pack !