PDA

View Full Version : Rename a D: HDD!

28-04-2002, 12:26 PM
I've just put a new, second HDD in and decided to format it to get a clean start!
However, when I tried to do that and gave it a name (Video Drive), it just came up and gave it it's own name of (Disk2_vol1)!!
Can't seem to rename it now, even with another format!
Any progs. to do this or ideas?
Regards,
Adrian

28-04-2002, 12:45 PM
What Operating System are you using?

You can change the name by going into your hard drive's properties and renaming it.

28-04-2002, 12:45 PM
how did you partition and format it?

did you have any other harddrives plugged in at the same time?

www.startdisk.com UBD.....very handy tool once you workout how to use it and set it up.

28-04-2002, 08:47 PM
If you have Windows, go to the command prompt (DOS) and type:

LABEL VIDEO

to give it the label 'VIDEO'. The original name you gave is too big, I believe. (For DOS anyway.)

29-04-2002, 12:04 AM
Win 98SE!
Followed your pointer and hey presto, I'm an A+ technician! Ta very muchly! They say you should try and learn something new every day! The computer industry really helps me with that belief!! LOL
Cheers!
Adrian

29-04-2002, 12:05 AM
Win 98SE!
Followed your pointer and hey presto, I'm an A+ technician! Ta very muchly! They say you should try and learn something new every day! The computer industry really helps me with that belief!! LOL
Cheers!
Adrian

29-04-2002, 12:05 AM
Win 98SE!
Cheers!
Adrian

29-04-2002, 12:06 AM
Win 98SE!
Cheers!
Adrian

Win 98SE!
Cheers!
Adrian

Win 98SE!
Cheers!
Adrian