PDA

View Full Version : 0E Exception

26-04-2002, 09:01 PM
When I close down W98 I almost invariably get a blue screen message of 0E Exception @ 0177:BFF8CC04.
Always the same values, and often four or five such messages before W98 will completely shut down.
(Very occassionally W98 closes without the message.)
I cannot find any reference on the Web to an '0E' exception so I've no idea where the problem might lie. I have tried to identify the combinations of software I have been using but there is no obvious pattern.

26-04-2002, 11:51 PM
Hi Peter

Curious, how are you searching the web, as a quick look now shows 10,100 hits for a 0E exception.....
Thats zero E, by the way.

There are many reasons, but a check on Google.com will keep you busy for a long time.

Cheers

26-04-2002, 11:57 PM
More....

This was one specific reference to your problem from Waynes Computer world site.

'There are several causes for this problem. The most common being something running in the background conflicting with the graphics adapter and/or the shutdown process within Windows. Lets try that first. Go to Start/Run. Type msconfig and press ok. Now click on the 'startup' tab at the top of the page. Everything listed that has a check by it runs in the background automatically every time you boot into Windows. Click on and uncheck all entries except systray. scanreg, load power profiles(x2) and any antivirus programs. You are not removing these programs, you are just telling Windows that you will start them when you need them. If you have any problems with a particular program you can simply go back and recheck it. When finished click apply and restart when prompted. Now try shutting down and rebooting to see if the problem is resolved. Let me know how you do and we'll try something else if need be.'

hope that helps