PDA

View Full Version : Susan B re : Spider

26-04-2002, 08:57 PM
I have downloaded Spider but can't get it to run. When I click on the sattelite dish it opens the programme and then I click on the magnifying glass and it scans the files & the ambulance shows. I click on that and select the boxes but then get the following error 'Sorry, but removal of the hidden URL is not possible! You need spiderbite.exe for this purpose. Please reinstall from the original software.' I checked the folder and spiderbite.exe is there. I reinsatlled spider and get the same result. Where is it going wrong?

27-04-2002, 09:18 AM
Strange - I assume that spiderbite is in the same folder as spider? Do you get a list after running spider?
Bye

27-04-2002, 04:36 PM
Peter, I assume you have read all the posts regarding Spider recently and know that some people have had problems with it, and also read my suggestions?

Are you trying to run Spider when Internet Explorer and Outlook Express are still open? They and other programs should be closed first, and maybe close your anti-virus program as well although I have mine running and it doesn't bother it.

Also try running it after rebooting your computer or straight after the machine has been turned on.

If that makes no difference then I would delete all the Spider files, download a fresh copy and try again. Two other people have done that and found it then worked.

Good luck, let me know how you get on.