PDA

View Full Version : Evidence Elim

26-04-2002, 03:31 PM
Acer Laptop, 700mhz, XP home. I've seen the ad all over various sites...I get the feeling it regards adult nonsense sites...but does anyone have any thoughts +ve or -ve on the program itself? I might be selling my laptop and I wanted to clean the hard-drive without reformating. It seems to indicate that the prog is very thorough...Thanks

26-04-2002, 04:08 PM
Oh dear, been a naughty boy have we? Got to get rid of those lurid surfing records!

There but for the grace of god etc etc.

26-04-2002, 04:42 PM
Not only has he ben bad, but hes been really bad, bad, bad,bad, really, REALLY, REALLY!!!

Watch those surf tracks if I was u mate!!

26-04-2002, 06:59 PM
Hi TC

I would advise formatting the HDD if/when you sell.

If you just delete your data there is no guarantee that it cannot be retrieved unless it is overwritten at the time of deletion.

If you are selling the OS with it, format and do a fresh install.

Cheers

Murray P

26-04-2002, 08:34 PM
Ahh the power of advertising.Do not trust all you read.

If your really concerned then remove the hard drive and apply a rather large hammer
in an downward direction aiming for the top of the hard drive.
repeat this action until it reasembles nothing more than a very heavy 'hacky sack'.
Only then can you be truly assured no one will ever know what and where you have been.

Of course you will need to relaced the drive and reinstall software.But it may be a small price to pay for absolute security.

==orac==

27-04-2002, 10:14 AM
I have Wipe Info that came with SystemWorks 2002. I read that this overwrites free space with '0' or '1' or something. Havn't used it yet but from my understanding when files are deleted they are changed so that new information will overwrite it. I think all this does is overwrite all the free space therefore lessening the chance of retrieval. Worth a look and less aggressive than the hammer.

Sam