PDA

View Full Version : Monitor shuts down when games run.

22-04-2002, 09:59 PM
I recently posted a query re installing European air wars and got good advice that helped me get it loaded. Now when I click on start game the monitor shuts down(no power light) and have to reboot Pc to get it back. Pc and cd drive still run. Same thing happens on two other games-Jazz Jack rabbit and Grand theft auto. GTA will run ok if started from within the folder by clicking on GTA8.exe file but not from the short cut in programmes. Other games run ok. Anyone had similar problems before?

22-04-2002, 10:34 PM
Sorry, I forgot to include details of my system. I am running win98 on Pentium 2 300mhz 4.5Gb drive with 2.2Gb free and 64 Mb ram.

22-04-2002, 10:51 PM
Only a guess, but if you are having problems with Jazz Jack Rabbit (!), I would suspect your video card driver isn't quite right, and is turning your video off. Have you checked you have the correct driver, or looked for an updated one?

23-04-2002, 12:08 AM
Thanks Wuppo. How do I check if I have the right one and if not how do I get the correct one? These games used to run ok and as far as I know the video card and drivers haven't changed but one day they ran then the next day this problem arose.

23-04-2002, 08:44 PM
Thats happened to me. with redline racer. I think with mine the whole computer turned off, but it used to work fine, until one day it turned the computer off. i have jazz jackrabbit 2 and that works fine.