PDA

View Full Version : Nortel VPN client

22-04-2002, 10:50 AM
Hi Chaps,
Anyone got any ideas
on what proxy server I can use to share access to the internet and also allow my users to use Nortels VPN Client. I have tried Winproxy however after reading some information on there site, they state there still trying to make this work... I have a Frame-Relay connection to the internet and a external proxy server. I guess all I am missing is some smart proxy server application..

22-04-2002, 07:35 PM
Hi Grant,
I'm sure this can be solved, but you'll need to provide more information about your configuration. Where are your VPN users connecting from (eg Internet) where are they connecting to (eg Nortel firewall appliance). What is your IP configuration on the internal network? Do you have a separate firewall to the Nortel box?

22-04-2002, 10:37 PM
Hi biff,

well my internal network ip's are all not routable ie 10.0.0.x, etc its the internal clients that I want to connect to a VPN server in another country via Nortels VPN client. to do this the client needs to connect either via a dialup connection or some kind of tanspart proxy. I was going to use winproxy, however they have some issues with Nortels client software, so I am after a transparent proxy that will work with nortels client software