PDA

View Full Version : vcd prob

21-04-2002, 03:41 PM
i tried copying this vcd , i copied it but it dosent work on my dvd player

i use nero to burn the vcd

21-04-2002, 03:49 PM
Dave,

Did you copy VCD to VCD? Did the original VCD work in your DVD Player?

When you say DVD Player, you do mean a set-top one, don't you... rather than a computer DVD player.

Mike.

21-04-2002, 04:51 PM
The way I copy a vcd for use on a stand alone dvd player is to copy just dat files from the mpeg folder on the vcd to a folder on your hard drive, then I open Nero, your Nero does support vcd does it not? if it doesn't you won't get far. Once I have the vcd pane up I just drop and drag the dat files from the hard drive to Nero which already has all the other files needed anyway and burn.
Works always.

21-04-2002, 05:19 PM
THIS DAVE HERE

THE ORIGNAL VCD PLAYS ON MY DVD PLAYER BUT THE COPIED OE DOSENT

SOME ONE TOLD ME THAT VCD COPIED ON CDR DONT PLAY ON SOME DVD PLAYER

IF THEY DONT DO THEY WORK ON SONY ONES

21-04-2002, 07:31 PM
Most CD-R will not work in a stand alone DVD player because of the wavelength of the DVD read laser. Another option is to rip all your movies to the div-x format and watch them either on your monitor or on the TV via a video card with a TV out.

21-04-2002, 09:15 PM
I have not yet found a stand alone dvd player that will not play copied vcd's though I have heard that some will not support CDR or CDRW. It is possible that it has not copied correctly. When copying in Nero, all the vcd files are aleady in Nero, all you need to do is add the dat files from the mpeg folder on the vcd you are copying from.