PDA

View Full Version : CDRwin or Nero?

21-04-2002, 02:25 AM
Hi ya,

I've got sick of trying to make Easy CD creator and Direct CD from Roxio work with XP Pro, so I'm throwing them out. I have access to CDRwin and Nero for my cd burning etc. and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the differences between the two? Better or worse etc.

Cheers.

21-04-2002, 08:44 AM
Personal choice, I use Nero which is simple to use, does everything I want and has so far performed without fault. Plus it supports winXP.

21-04-2002, 10:00 AM
No problems with Nero - also very good site with free updates. Bye

21-04-2002, 10:31 AM
Not sure on those two but roxio 5 is needed with free upgrade to 5.1 for XP. Works fine then

22-04-2002, 03:33 AM
I use Easy CD creator as it came with my computer but find it has limitations. So I also run CDRwin which is easy to use.
I find the combination of the two have no problems and can burn almost everything.
PIII 1GHz OS 98se.

22-04-2002, 09:44 PM
HiGraeme,

I've just got a CD writer for my photo files (amazing how these hobbies grow and cost!!

I run Win XP. The CD writer (Mitsubishi Diamond Data USB) came with Nero & InCD software. I downloaded the latest XP versions fron their www site and it works like a dream. I'm not particularly computer literate but found it very easy to use.

Cheers,
Tim.