PDA

View Full Version : Susan B Help re: Spider

20-04-2002, 01:13 PM
Hi Susan, I think I'm just too dumb for this!
I have downloaded SPIDER, the help instructions don't tell me how to use the program.
A while ago you gave specific instructions on how to use it. (with the little ambulance etc.) I did copy it but somehow lost it.
Can you help please? (Or maybe I should just go back to dishes and cooking! Yeech!!)
I've search through dozens of back postings, still can't find your original one.
Thank you Jane

20-04-2002, 01:49 PM
Open spider - click on the red +, then when it's done it's thing click on the ambulance(which is greyed out until ready to work)
Bye

20-04-2002, 02:44 PM
I had tried to use this program myself but found it didn't work. I think I read somewhere that it doesn't work too well with winME. Aparantly I need to do something to DOS??? Have no idea what that means so left it. Would anyone know an easy way around this using winME.
cheers
Sam

20-04-2002, 03:31 PM
Glad I'm not the only one that can't get spider to work!
There is no red+ and no ambulance! All I get is a small
Waiting for authorization box. When you press start, it scans, then an error box saying 'File is too large for Notepad, would you like to open in Wordpad'
'yes' button opens up with all the files there in WP and that's all that happens.
If I try again, it just repeats it's self.
I'm very new, so maybe I'll give it a miss! Thanks for your help though.

20-04-2002, 03:34 PM
Oops! Forgot to add I'm running Win98.

20-04-2002, 04:11 PM
Open the folder where Spider is. If not sure where, go to 'find' on start menu and search. There should be 5 items. 2 .exe - 2 .txt & 1 .hlp. Double click 'spider.exe' and lets know the result. I've used it on both W95 & W98 with no problems. Bye

20-04-2002, 06:54 PM
Jane, sorry but I haven't been online all day. Just popped in to see what's new and after tea I'll have a go at creating some step-by-step instructions for you.

Hang in there, I'll be back later!

20-04-2002, 09:25 PM
We'll get there yet. Back to the rugby.
Bye

21-04-2002, 11:46 AM
Hi Susan, Followed your instructions this morning, still does the same as my post earlier. Can't open Notepad etc.
History is: 2 Days
Temp Internet Files:
Size: 1.68mb
Contains:3 files 1 folder
Is this still too big for Notepad? I deleted just about everything I can. Do you think there are some hidden files somewhere? Of the 4 spider icons I described earlier, which one do I click?
Can't find a red + or ambulance anywhere. The 4 icons are in a download folder, maybe I've missed something. Hope you can help.
Thanks Jane.