PDA

View Full Version : ZA Pro Version 3 unpredictable crashing and mysterious app appearing

19-04-2002, 09:44 PM
My ZA seems to lose all it's program settings and a clean installation fixes this. But everytime it loses it's settings a mysterious program appears. Has no name no signs it even exists and when viewing the properties of it, it seems to be the properties of My Documents folder.

I am running ZA Pro Ver 3.0.118 on WinXP Pro. This is about it's third crash with similar results. Even restarting the computer all the programs that were just added in that log reset themselves to ask for permission. Is this a rogue app causing havoc?

I've got the latest Antivirus Definitions and scan my computer consistently when things like this happen but nothing ever comes up. Another thing is this learning components mode. Why does Windows(MSN) Messenger require at least 20 or more components. I've put the setting on high now just to stop anymore components learning because ZA started allowing spyware components before I ran adaware.

19-04-2002, 10:37 PM
Ihear so many complaints about ZA v3 why don't you try Agnitums 'OUTPOST'?
Simple to use and stops a lot!
Cheers,Kiwitas.

21-04-2002, 09:56 PM
I am a big fan of open source and currently using Mandrake Linux 8.1 alongside MS Windows.

I don't know enough about it yet to use it everyday, but I know from Network Administrators, it is a blessing.

I would recommmend this course of action and am going to investigate this firewall as well because I am having problems with ZA3.

22-04-2002, 02:57 AM
My brother had a similar problem and it turned out to be a virus contacted through MSN Messenger. I can't remember the exact details now but it may be a new version anyway.