PDA

View Full Version : Clear Home 150 Account

19-04-2002, 12:10 PM
Anyone know definitely whether you can use popmail with Clear's Home 150 acct? I was told by someone on the signup phone number that you could use outlook to get your mail, but I can only see reference to webmail on the Clear website.

19-04-2002, 12:36 PM
Hi,yes you can you POP mail via the clear 150 account. I think you are also entitled to 5 email boxes,according to the info on the website.Regards PS Please post if you decide to join up with Clear. 0508 919191

19-04-2002, 01:49 PM
I emailed Clearnet and asked them the same question 4 weeks ago and I have never had a reply from them, they have ignored my question.

19-04-2002, 11:15 PM
Hi
you can use pop3 and smtp email
clear.net=
incoming mail= (pop3.clear.net.nz)
outgoing mail=
( smtp.clear.net.nz)
use you user name and login id password eg joejoe@clear.net.nz ******

19-04-2002, 11:37 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who can't get Clear to reply. I've had the same problem, and also have got sick of waiting on *hold* for 20 minutes or more - on several occasions.

Seems that the whole Clear ISP thing has been very unstable for me lately - with it going offline grequently over the past 3-4 months.

Is it just me who keeps getting disconnected?

20-04-2002, 08:53 AM
A correction:

pop.clear.net.nz not pop3...

I'm not impressed with how they've treated their ZFree customers - telling us they're closing on the 30th or whenever, but nobody can get on because they've shut down half their system already, and all we get is busy tones. I'm still switching to Clear though, as I've been with them since I first got on the Net, and they've been good to me *most* of the time.