PDA

View Full Version : H. P.660c printer

19-04-2002, 10:33 AM
Mechanical fault after installing new cartridges
I get a LOUD clunking noise from the right side of the printer and lots of vibration.. It prints perfectly , but scared to proceed, sounds serious!!

19-04-2002, 08:52 PM
Hi Frank

Instinct says to review your most recent actions so take out the cartridges and look to see if anything is out of place.

I'm not familiar with your printer model, but if the printer will run with the covers open to let you see what's happening, give that a go too. Loud noises usually mean short life expectancy so you have little to lose by probing deeper. Small mirrors can be useful for getting a better view of the action.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

20-04-2002, 04:12 PM
Thanks Billy T Tried reinstalling carts no joy Need a new fishing sinker looks like I have one
cheers Frank

24-04-2002, 06:40 PM
I've been having similar problems with HP670's. (Three different printers) with the loud cluck after reinstalling cartridges etc. (Yes, despite the clunk, they print correctly.)I've tried reinstalling cartrdiges, printer software, changing cables etc. This usually fixes itself after a combination of the above. Not much help, I'm afraid, but a common problem. Try Epsons.