PDA

View Full Version : Slow forums

18-04-2002, 06:26 PM
These forums are getting to such a speed where I feel reluctant to come. When I checked the size of the homepage, it was 168k. I mean, come on. And also I have also tried to reply to several messages, and it just comes up 'Page cannot be displayed', so I press back, and try again. Nope, didnt work. Pressed back, waited 30mins, tried again. Nope, still not go. Maybe just a one day problem? So I try a couple of days later, same problem. All I want to say, is that it is extremly frustrating!!

18-04-2002, 07:19 PM
It is the slowest page to load when I start 4 or 5 pages but no problems posting and I think it displays quick enough. I don't think many people look too far down the page I know I don't!

So PressF1 could archive the bottom half to that FAQ section I have heard so much about(HAHA).

I think the same result would be if PressF1 encouraged searching the forum(& google) before posting. To avoid the re-posts of the same question.

18-04-2002, 07:40 PM
I use an adblocker to help speed the time up.

If you want to speed it up even more you can use Proximitron Proxy and removed every picture and whatever else and leave just the forum bit on the site and that way you'll only have what you've come here for.

18-04-2002, 09:53 PM
Hmmm, Interesting.
I have three people (including myself) using a 56K dial up connection via a proxy server, and yet I have no trouble with any of the pages loading... All the posts load within 5 seconds max, and the index within about 8 seconds.

This is with all the images on and everything.

Hmmm, perhaps it is because I am here so often i have all the ads and things that are available cached!!! :)

Craig.

19-04-2002, 05:50 PM
They need something like vBulletin. Make 2 sections. n00bs, Advanced. Then have the 3-sub catergories, (net soft, hard) and pages would load so much faster.