PDA

View Full Version : internet help please

18-04-2002, 01:47 PM
hello
am runing windows xp/ms outlook. when exiting outlook this message keeps cumming up( would you like to disconnet from global span connection now ) how can i get rid off this.
global is my dynalink asdl modem do not have any other modems

18-04-2002, 02:23 PM
The reason the dialog box comes up is because you have closed your browser/e-mail program,but that does not close your internet connection,and you are still connected to the net,so it is asking you if you want to keep your connection open.If you don't want to this box to come up,you will probably have to right click on the 2 little tv's in the task bar(bottom right hand corner) and click disconnect,before you close your programs.
hope this gives you some ideas

Peter

18-04-2002, 07:20 PM
As it is a dsl connection you may not be to worried (and would prefer that it was) always on. From memory I think you want to look at the connections (rt click nw neighbourhood, properties) and then look at the property pages for the internet connection. Under one of these pages I think is a checkbox that says disconnect this internet connection when it is no longer needed; clear this and see what happens.

19-04-2002, 09:06 AM
cheers terry u are on the right track,but that box is already unchecked.