PDA

View Full Version : HP Stand By PROBLEM!

17-04-2002, 04:01 PM
have many computers over the years, different brands made by different companies, and all have different features.

One of my current Computers is a Hewlett Packard Pavilion (I will never buy any HP product again!, for many reasons!) however - I know the 'Power Management Properties' in Windows don't work that well and are well know to have many faults.

On my keyboard I have got a button on my keyboard called 'Standby' I tried using it when I am away from my computer, but when I come back to my computer I press standby the computer screen comes back on, but its not anything I have ever seen before; it is just a plain white screen no writing just plain white screen. I can't get out of this , the only think I can do is hold the power button on my PC till it shuts down.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them, and know how to fix it, please comment!

17-04-2002, 04:18 PM
Andrew - a suggestion.. read to see what response your earlier identical post a few days ago got.

J.

17-04-2002, 04:20 PM
Well Andrew,

It seems that you didn't like jesters solution posted to your earlier request on the same topic. Might have been nice if you had acknowledged his effort, even if it didn't help but never mind, I have a guaranteed solution for you:

DON'T PRESS THE STANDBY BUTTON

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

17-04-2002, 05:57 PM
LOL Billy ...

like the bloke that goes to his Doctor, saying that his head hurts when he pokes it with his finger... The Doctors offers a fail safe solution

Don't poke your head

J.