PDA

View Full Version : HP Scanjet 2200c

17-04-2002, 10:13 AM
I have purchased the above scanner and installed it and the software. As soon as I plugged in the scanner the computer knew it was there. But as soon as I run the software (the programme loads)I get the message 'Scanner not found and could not be initialised', but the computer knows it has a scanner, the software runs the scanner programme and then the error message. I am running XP. What is wrong?

17-04-2002, 11:23 AM
I am having a similar problem with my CannoscanN670U which came as part of a recently pyrchased computer package.I am also running windowsXP.I have had to uninstall then reinstall the hardware to be able to scan again.I ghave had to do this three times in the month we have had the computer.Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

17-04-2002, 11:50 AM
There are major problems with drivers for a wide range of HP products running under XP. Suggest you investigate the forums on: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/eng/gateway_forums.htm

17-04-2002, 04:42 PM
Hi Bevan
Not sure how you do it on XP but get into msconfig and start up button. From the list that appears make sure that StillImageMonitor is ticked. If not tick it and reboot. Hope this helps. Replied this morning but it doesn't seem to have made it to the forum!
Cheers Alan

21-04-2002, 01:03 AM
HP provided me with updated CD for my scanner and ME which solved that issue for me. Now i have XP and they tell me they have no plans to put out updates for this OS as efforts will go into new products. If the scanner is new see if you can return it and i know canon have a scanner designed to be compatable with XP. i think it is a 646U