PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Crashes??!!

15-04-2002, 10:18 PM
Hi all, Im have an infuriating annoyance with Windows XP crashing. Lately when the PC is running several apps it has been freezing ie no mouse movement, CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't work. Every time this happens I am forced to reset. This problem started occuring after I had installed office XP. I have uninstalled it but the problem persists and can not think of anything it might be. Also A full Virus check with Norton's revealed no viruses. My system is an Athlon 900 with 256mb and onboard sound (which incidentally has caused me nothing but trouble). Any Helpers out there?

15-04-2002, 11:37 PM
Hi Brad,

Scroll down the page and find robos post re PCs that get distracted and see if that helps any.

Cheers.

16-04-2002, 06:14 PM
A lockup like that is likely to be caused by hardware or drivers. Does your system run at a safe temp? Are you using bell and whistle features on your video card/AGP bus?

17-04-2002, 03:17 PM
No the system tempeature is fine, at least last time I checked. I do leave my computer on 24hrs a day but this shouldnt be a problem right? My video card is a M64 32mb and has no probs!!