PDA

View Full Version : IE6 install/reinstall

14-04-2002, 09:06 PM
Hi
I recently reinstalled Me on my system to fix a number of other problems. This reinstall changed by version of IE back to 5.5 (but it left OE at ver6...
No problem I thought - I will just reinstall IE. However when I do a reinstall from the PC World CD it simply gets to 2%, shoots up to 99% then comes up with a message that says there was a problem and I need to reinstall. No luck though:-(

I have tried stopping everything running but still no luck.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or help.

14-04-2002, 09:21 PM
Try un-installing ie5
if it won't let you do that, u might be able to run rebuild instead of un-install (goto same place as remove). Otherwise, i like opera?!
I'd also copy the setup to your PC first, provide u have 60megs extra after installation, but that might help in some un-known way?
*Jojo*

14-04-2002, 09:22 PM
Try un-installing ie5
if it won't let you do that, u might be able to run rebuild instead of un-install (goto same place as remove). Otherwise, i like opera?!
I'd also copy the setup to your PC first, provide u have 60megs extra after installation, but that might help in some un-known way?
*Jojo*

14-04-2002, 09:42 PM
IE had quite a few problems installing in this version and it didn't seem to matter where you got it from...even microsoft. Next time you install try making sure you are connected to the net first as this seems to help. If the installation fails again just keep trying till it takes. From memory it took me about 6 attempts before IE6 installed on my machine.

14-04-2002, 09:44 PM
If you go to add/remove programs in the control panel and choose ie and internet tools, from here there are a couple of options. Try reverting to a previous version and then runing the install program.

14-04-2002, 10:24 PM
Tried all these options - still no luck. I do not have any uninstall or remove options in Control Panel tho'

This is not really a big deal - just a nuisance and annoying that I cannot fix it. Another MS product....

Thanks for all these thoughts and ideas