PDA

View Full Version : Transonic CD-RW Faults

14-04-2002, 11:34 AM
Have been in contact with the Wharehouse. They say that they work with the latest Writers. I have sent two of the faulty disks to them and they are taking them back to the manufacturer to be tested while they eatch. I will let you know the result.

14-04-2002, 12:01 PM
why does anybody want to use re-writable cd's? With cd-rs at about a dollar each, or about 20% the cost of a re-writable disk, why do you want to bother with formatting and re-writing a disk? Write a standard cd. If you want to change it, write another. Throw the old one away if you want. Its still a lot cheaper and easier isn't it? Am I missing something about re-writables? It just seems like superfluous technology to me.
regards,
Ray A.

14-04-2002, 12:39 PM
You're missing plenty Ray. The ability to use a rewriteable disk the same way as a floppy or hard drive doesn't compare to how you have to write to a cdr disk. Of course cdr wins hands down over cdrw in many other aspects.

14-04-2002, 07:46 PM
Are these 700mb CD-RW discs you are refering to? I tried 700mb discs & couldnt get them to work on 3 different writers :-(
I took them back to warehouse & got a refund.
cheers Steve

15-04-2002, 02:45 AM
Crap, Crap, all crap, The warehouse should drop the brand all others work ok, and the CD burner is only six months old.

15-04-2002, 03:04 AM
Ray, Ray, Ray everyone has their own needs, it's a bit like banning chocolate because some people eat too much and get fat. The boss at work uses CD-RW to back up customer records each night (it cheaper to do that than throwing out a CD-R each day.) I use to update my web site back up, I have the original copy on my hard drive, I upload to the web site, each week or earlier I back up to CD-RW, if the web site got hit with a virus or a hacker, I could replace it in just a few minutes, as for 20% I need to look around.

15-04-2002, 03:42 PM
Is this problem isolated to the Transonic CDRWs, or does it apply to the Transonic CDRs - 'coz I've a pile of unopened Transonic CDRs.