PDA

View Full Version : Hidden folders!! Please Help!

12-04-2002, 10:26 AM
I have another posting about the same problem with F1 but it has disappeared although the link is still there.(strange) Anyway when i change certain folders to 'hide' and click 'do not show hidden folders' its fine but when i click 'show hidden folders' the ones i hid in Internet explorer(favourites) don't show up, yet all other hidden folders in other loacations do! I have closed all apps and reopened but they're still not there, have even restarted windows but to no avail. Can anyone help please. I'm sure its something simple that i just can't see.

12-04-2002, 11:35 AM
c r

I assume you had a good reason for hiding the folders but it does present a problem if you can't see them as you can't check their properties and uncheck the hidden tab.

Have you tried accessing them in Safe Mode? I have no idea if this would make any difference but it could be worth a try.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

12-04-2002, 11:40 AM
thanks for replying.
i can find the hidden files in explorer and change their attributes, but i want them to show up in my favourites when i click 'show hidden folders in folder options-they don't.
!!

17-04-2002, 02:50 AM
After setting the View settings to 'Show all Files' close the window as per normal, click on a Favorites folder which does appear on the list, then go back to the Folder Options/View window and click on the 'Like Current Folder' button. This should unhide the hidden folder(s). I'm using win98 Rel 1 and it worked for me.