PDA

View Full Version : Winzip 7.0 default folder problem & Breaking News: Maybe my email freezes are over.

11-04-2002, 11:56 AM
Winzip first, how do I change the default download folder? I can't find any way in Winzip or IE(5.5) to change the folder that downloads go to. I've even tried deleting the present default folder but it is simply recreated by the next download.

Secondly, I am now in my third day of uninterrupted internet access, no email freezes and my ethernet connection is maintaining reliable contact with the outside world.

For other reasons I was in the startup menu via msconfig and noticed that TweakUI and TweakDUN were both ticked though neither appeared to be running. In the interests of good housekeeping I unticked them both but ever since then (fingers crossed) my other problem has disappeared. TweakUI is still on my system but I am sure I removed TweakDUN a long time ago because it made my system unstable when used.

There may be no connection but it's certainly a strange coincidence after many months of rebooting several times a day and that is the only change I've made to my system configuration!

Any comments would be welcome but my current interest is in sorting WinZip out.

Jim

11-04-2002, 02:12 PM
Where downloads go, is nothing to do with Zip. Create a new folder on your C drive called 'downloads' and when you are asked where to save to, open this. Unzipping always goes (on my comp) to a folder called unzipped, but once there it can be moved anywhere. I am using Winzip 8 so maybe different.
Bye

11-04-2002, 02:39 PM
Thanx Peter, but I wasn't getting the option to choose a download folder. However, as is the way with these things, after months of mucking around after posting to press F1 I accidentally tripped over a configuration screen during a mucked up download and that let me choose the folder so all is now well. I don't know if I am likely to find it again but it looked pretty mainstream. The problem was that everytime I went to download, the process flashed through so quickly I didn't get a proper look at what the options were (if any).

Jim

Day 3 of no reboots still running OK. I live in hope!