PDA

View Full Version : Insulting Advertising

11-04-2002, 11:32 AM
The Mothers' Day adverts have started; check out Noel Leeming's latest mailbox flyer.

Are they really thick, or what? First page has got 'Special gifts for a special Mum this Mother's Day... see pages 6 and 7'.

I looked at page 6 and 7. Duh! Toasters, food processors, frypans, cell phones and, horror of horrors, vacuum cleaners! Not a computer component in sight.

Stupid fools.

My hubby knows full well it's instant divorce if he ever gave a household appliance to me for my birthday, Xmas or Mothers' Day. The wise man bought me a CD-RW writer for my birthday last year. Year before that I got Paint Shop Pro. Year before that I got a scanner. Year before that I got the current PC. He's my best friend :-)

I wonder if Noel Leeming and other shops realise the sales opportunities they are missing out on?

11-04-2002, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't consider buying computer equipment/components from Noel Leeming or Bond Bond et al.

Unless you've got won Lotto and you have lots of money to thorw away.

11-04-2002, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't consider buying computer equipment/components from Noel Leeming or Bond Bond et al.

Unless you've got won Lotto and you have lots of money to thorw away.

11-04-2002, 12:21 PM
No, nor would I. Certainly not now, anyway! ;-)

But other mums might.

11-04-2002, 04:22 PM
Is it a USB toaster? Always wanted one of those... now I can sit at my computer and have breakfast ready for me without visiting the kitchen.

If only everyday things revolved around my computer.

Well at least I can still cook eggs off my microproccessor.

11-04-2002, 09:12 PM
Mmmm - I agree! My husband has got the message about practical household items as presents - scanner, a new whiz-bang mouse - not lady shavers(!) or cake mixers. But, he is my husband, I'm not his mother. Only my sons give me Mother's Day presents.

11-04-2002, 11:24 PM
My partner is pretty on to it - he bought me motocross gloves the first Christmas we were together and jewellery for a few birthdays (this year it was a Galileo's thermometer - way cool!), but he surpassed himself last Christmas - new motorcycle boots! Gaerne ones too - very stylish! I'm hoping for a new BMW this year! But having said that, he could get away with kitchen gadgets (not toasters or frying pans - very utilitarian!) as he knows I love cooking - he had to wander around Millys in Ponsonby with me for hours! (He's got the cats well trained too - they buy books and chocolates!)

12-04-2002, 11:38 AM
It seems that significant others should avoid giving Geek Girls rolling pins.

Or wear crash helmets.