PDA

View Full Version : Outlook

10-04-2002, 10:07 AM
Is it possible to add a from feild above the To, CC, and subject feilds so that multiple users are able to send emails with there personal details on individual emails. This is a feature of outlook express. I know that you can click on options and select 'send using' but this takes time and is alittle hassel.

10-04-2002, 10:19 AM
Not exactly. If you are using multiple profiles (aka accounts) in Outlook you will notice the 'Send' button is also a drop down list.

Just before sending the email, click on the drop-down symbol next to 'Send' and select the account you want to use.

But I don't know of a way to emulate the way Outlook Express allow you to select the 'From' email-address.

10-04-2002, 11:22 AM
Another example of Outlook lacking a convinient feature of oe.

To choose between accounts in the new message window click on 'file' and select 'send using'. Choose
the account that you wish the message to come from.

10-04-2002, 12:48 PM
Do you mean that you would like to attach some information to every email which shows your address, phone no, web page, or what ever. If so

To insert a business card into all messages

On the Tools menu, click Options, and then select the Compose tab.
In the Business Cards section, select Mail or News, and then select a business card from the drop-down list.
To insert your business card, you must first create a contact in your Address Book for yourself.

You can include the business card of any contact in your Address Book.
To change information in a business card, click the Edit button.
To add a business card or signature to an individual message, in the message window, on the Insert menu, click either Signature or My Business Card.

Or another way is to open your address book, create a address entry for yourself and then copy and paste to the desk top, then attach as required.

10-04-2002, 01:31 PM
Thanks for your reply. I was wondering how to change the signature details. But what I was actually meaning was adding a 'from' field so that it would send as a different user/account. So business and personal could be used wtih outlook.
With out/express you have this 'from' field which enables you to easly select differents accounts to send messages, so that the recipients know who the email is from with out any hassle. This feature is not really for me but my partner who likes things simple and hates the fact that I made changes to something that she already new.

10-04-2002, 01:32 PM
Thanks for your reply. I was wondering how to change the signature details. But what I was actually meaning was adding a 'from' field so that it would send as a different user/account. So business and personal could be used wtih outlook.
With out/express you have this 'from' field which enables you to easly select differents accounts to send messages, so that the recipients know who the email is from with out any hassle. This feature is not really for me but my partner who likes things simple and hates the fact that I made changes to something that she already knew.