PDA

View Full Version : Dynalink USB ADSL Modem settings

09-04-2002, 10:17 PM
I'm running a Dynalink AL070 USB ADSL modem on a windows 2000 pro system, and have been using this setup for 6 months to connect to XTRA's Jetstart service. I've changed ISP's, but am suddenly unable to log on to their service, getting error 734 PPP link control protocol terminated errors after logging in and verifying username and password. Has anyone had this problem, and can anyone perhaps suggest a solution, as the ISP is unable to find the fault.

09-04-2002, 10:39 PM
Will

I assume that your modem has actually worked with your new ISP and that you followed the same set up procedure to install it and configure your connection as you did with Xtra?

I'm not familiar with your modem but assume that the three principal setting that have been common to ADSL modems I have seen are set correctly. Those settings are PPP, VPI and VCI. PPP should be set to PPP over ATM, VPI to 0 and VCI to 100.

Apart from that, getting your logon configuration right is also important because for Xtra at least it contains more info that a standard logon i.e.[username].xadsl@Xtra.co.nz for Xtra, something that I only found out by chance when originally setting up my connection because Xtra didn't bother to tell me. Perhaps your new ISP is making assumptions too.

Hopefully that will help you get going but if not, it should at least eliminate a few options.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

09-04-2002, 11:12 PM
Hi Will,I'm not sure about the error 734,but a PPP error usually means a user name or password error,ie.wrong user name or password.Check your spelling and punctuation,and also check with your new ISP to make sure.
Hop this helps
Peter

09-04-2002, 11:16 PM
Hi Will,I'm not sure about the error 734,but a PPP error usually means a user name or password error,ie.wrong user name or password.Check your spelling and punctuation,and also check with your new ISP to make sure.
Hop this helps
Peter

10-04-2002, 08:35 AM
Hi Will,a PPP error usually means a user name or password error(could be either one).Try checking your user name and password are correct(punctuation and spelling),and also check with your ISP that they are correct.
Hope this helps
Peter

10-04-2002, 06:58 PM
Thanks guys.

With the ISP's helpdesk's help the problem's been tracked to an IP address issue. It's not a configuration issue at all. Same settings as for the Xtra account (apart from username/pw) and the connection works 100%.