PDA

View Full Version : Internet Connections

09-04-2002, 07:22 PM
Hi,

I have been having intermit problems with my connection to the internet since Saturday.

I have a jetstart account with ihug, and I am using a Nokia Ni500 modem.

I am getting the following message from my modem

Bringing down line due to persistent LOS/LOP/LOM (268)-
Auto retry will take place

Does anyone know if this is a Telecom problem, or a problem with my modem.

Thanks

09-04-2002, 08:21 PM
Hi Mark

I have an Ni500 and have never seen any modem messages. I've had the odd connection hiccup but no messages from the modem. I wonder if it is a line fault in your installation. Has this just started after previously good service?

Another possible option is modem overheating. If your modem has a square blue case make sure it has a free flow of air around it. The top of the case can get up to 40 degrees C if airflow is obstructed and that means the internals are even hotter.

You can also set up a modem monitoring session in Windows HyperTerminal to log modem activity and that might tell you what's going on.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

09-04-2002, 08:58 PM
See http://www.infinilink.com/i500_manual.pdf page 50
Bring down the line due to
persistent LOS/LOP/LOM
Line disconnected due to too many line errors.

Looks like a line error after all.
regards
Marty

10-04-2002, 04:13 AM
I have a Ni500 too and for ages experienced line drop offs. I am with Xtra so i rang them up and they told me there is a new Ni500 model out. So ring up Nokia and get them to exchange it for you as they know of the overheating issue and replace them free of charge. I have the newer model and it works like a charm.