PDA

View Full Version : Computer microphone won't work

07-04-2002, 09:13 AM
I had to do a complete restore and now find my computer's microphone won't work. I know you have to delete some things out of the hardware list, but can't remember what ones, as the first time I did it I had HP warranty help over the phone. Can anyone help me please?

Wayne McFall

07-04-2002, 09:32 AM
The first thing I would think of would be volume settings, do you have the little volume speaker in systray (bottom right corner) double click it then options then properties select recording make sure microphone is selected click OK then tick microphone, it should now work, hopefully.

If you don't have the speaker in your system tray you could go to START - RUN, type sndvol32 and it should appear. Thats mine anyway.

07-04-2002, 10:27 AM
Starting with the easiest, this will sound silly but have you checked the connections that they are plugged in the right holes.

Next and I am not using a HP here so I can only point you but should not be too far off the mark, go into Control Panel and click on Sounds and Multimedia. In my case I have several tabs a couple being Audio and Voice. Have a look in there and it might be a case of changing something from whatever is listed to another option.

Make a note of the device or setting before you cahnge it so you can come back to it should it not work out.

See if that helps.