PDA

View Full Version : Plug and Play Stops working in XP

06-04-2002, 10:28 PM
Hi,
I have recently had a strange problem with my XP pro installation on my laptop.
The XP installation was working fine for about 6 months coping with almost all the accessories and devices I could throw at it. But suddenly the matters took a turn for worse when I tried connecting a JAZ USB drive to it, which by the way was working fine with it.
Not only would it not install the drive once it recognised it correctly, but prgressively stopped recognising any devoce at all. I knew it was time to re-install when the XP couldn't even recognise the MS Explorer USB mouse. I have installed it numerous times since then, all fresh, to no avail.
I know I haven't seen this one before, but has anyone else. I can't find any similar incident being reported on any of the groups. In the last ditch hope that maybe someone else would come out bravely and share their shame with all of us as I have, I am posting this travail of my encouters of the XP kind.
Any help will be appreciated. I am currently getting by with a mere ME installtion but for how long will this drip last is anybody's guess.
Heee.....lllll.....ppppp....

08-04-2002, 01:51 PM
I have the same problem with XP home edition on my Acer Travelmate 210T...Except for me it is the scanner (USB) model I have emailed every body under the sun MIcrosoft (diabolical trying to send an email to them all u get is a run around),Mustek, Dick Smith Electronics. If you get a answer let me know...at this rate I will go back to WIN Me