PDA

View Full Version : Opera is horribly confused...

06-04-2002, 03:40 PM
Hi,

I'm running Opera under Mandrake 8.0, and when displaying a webpage, it prints all the text FAR FAR too small, and all bunched up on top of itself, along with the images, making things completely unreadable.

I'm currently using Opera 6.0 Beta 1, but I had this problem before with Opera 5.0, and fixed it by clicking a button in preferences somewhere called 'Apply settings to current windows', which seems absent from Opera 6.0 Beta 1.

Re-installing Opera from it's RPM with '-replacepkgs', or uninstalling it, then re-installing it doesn't fix it either...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Erin

06-04-2002, 04:00 PM
Opera is NOT confused. It is doing what it has been told to do. Computers are like that. *People* get confused.

This *might* be something to do with running different video cards ... the X-window system using the wrong set of fonts? You must have a text Size option somewhere --- this MS IE in an NCD Thin Client on the Library's NT Server has one. Does it have no effect?

Did you install Opera after doing that double video/double monitor stuff?
A programme which is formatting 'pictures' on the screen would probably need to be installed again after a video change.

06-04-2002, 04:09 PM
Hi,

Good call, Opera is probably doing as I've instructed it. I remember that the problem first started by me pressing something by accident (on the keyboard)...

No, I'm sure this has nothing to do with the multiple monitor setup, as it started before that, and it has happened once before (with Operan 5.0) long before I even owned a second monitor...

There should be something in preferences to revert to the old display method.

Does anyone have Opera 5.0, with which they could tell me which section (and anything else you can find) the 'Apply settings to open windows' button is in... That'd give me an idea of what part of Opera is wanting to display things like this...

As a desperate last move, I could download and install Opera 5.0 myself, then click the said button, and put Opera 6.0 Beta 1 back on again...

Not too keen on that :)

Cheers,

Erin