PDA

View Full Version : Screen Size

06-04-2002, 08:49 AM
We have this problem where in normal windows ME, the image on our screen stretches right out to the edges. But as soon as a game is loaded (eg. Rugby 2001 etc.)It cuts of about 2cm off the screen image on the right and squeezes it up on the left sometimes leaving images looking distorted during gameplay.
PS. We hava a NVida Riva TNT2 M64 video card and have all of the latest drivers.

Hope someone out there will be able to help.

06-04-2002, 10:13 AM
Not sure but you could try right clicking on the short cut to rugby 01 and click properties and as an screen option, open in full screen(ms dos app) or maximised(win).

Did this help?

06-04-2002, 10:46 AM
Hi Jason, It sounds to me as tho' the application is changing the monitor setting for 'refresh rate' and setting it too high for the type of monitor you are using. Look for a way of specifying refresh rate in the applications properties and lower it till you get a good picture.

HTH PC

06-04-2002, 12:26 PM
Hi Jason

I agree with Peter. I was continually shifting my screen image sideways to fit. What I did, rather than lowering the game's default settings, was to go into the monitor/graphics card settings and increase the refresh rate of the montitor. No problems at all since.

Just check your monitor supports a higher setting first.

J.

06-04-2002, 12:54 PM
right click your desktop, select properties and go to settings. set the size to whatever the game uses. then use monitor controls to adjust picture size. you will need to do that to the most comman sizes and refreshrates that you use. for eg your desktop may use 800x600 and your game may use 680x480 so you set desktop to 680x480 and adjust the screen to fit. reset the dsktop back to 800x600 and when you go to play the game at 680x480 it should fit the sceen ok(not including any screen size adjustments the game itself makes)

its a bit of a pain when you run different games at different res and have to set up the screen size for every single res you use.

06-04-2002, 02:06 PM
Adjust your monitor settings (physically on the monitor... might be dials or buttons) and find the ones that stretch the screen out to where you want it... you'll need to do this while your game is running, and then if there's a save button on the screen press that. This should set the screen to display in those proportions when the game is run (and any other programs that run in the same resolution).

HTH

Mike.