PDA

View Full Version : modem hangup on incomming call?

06-04-2002, 03:20 AM
Hi there, this has been bugging me for ages.

I want my modem to hang-up when someone calls. My mothers computer does it and my sisters brand new computer seems to do it, but my computer just stays connected when there is an incomming call. This limits my ability to use the internet to after about 10pm. Don't tell me to get a dedicated line.
We have call waiting.
My mother's computer is a horrible old 300mhz p2 with Win95.
My sister has an athlon 1.3ghz with Win XP.
I run Win98 and have a winmodem (never been sure who made it though).

06-04-2002, 10:03 AM
It sounds like you might have disabled call waiting when you ring your isp(most people do). So start the dial up process and click settings, double click your ISP and then properties. Take away the *57 (or similar before the 086 number and remove the commar to delay dial) eg.
*57, 086773733
remove *57,

When your phone rings and call waiting starts it should bump you off and start ringing.

Hope this helps.

06-04-2002, 10:34 AM
I have the same problem. We also have call waiting and did have *52 before the dial in number. I have deleted this - go to Modem Properties - Dialing Properties - and tested using my mobile. Knocked me off OK, but needs at least 8 rings to do so. A lot of people calling, don't appear to wait that long. I would rather be cut-off a lot earlier.
Bye